Tips for Ensuring Lasting Effects of Team Building Events
When you organize team building events you obviously expect the effects to transfer back to the place of work. It is no use organizing the events if, after all the fun and games your employees forget about the team building and the purpose is defeated. There are ways in which you can ensure that the effects of the event are long lasting.
Almost all team building events can be put into of three categories.
• An event to culminate a conference or job trainings.
• An event to reinforce key messages.
• An event to address issues that have been identified at work.
People learn best while having fun. When you outsource the organization of the event, be sure to inform the team building exercises of the expected outcome. Keep your expectations reasonable. After all you cannot change the world in 3 to 5 hours. Do not expect to achieve all your goals but you can take a big step in the right direction.
Some of the objectives you can achieve are:
• De-stress while you have fun
• Reiterate the company policies and put across key messages
• Break the ice so that communication is possible
• Get to know one another better
• Experience one another’s strength and weakness in a work free environment
• Inter departmental communication
The working environment is sensitive towards its employees and their needs.
Your employees feel proud to be part of such organisation and put more efforts in meeting business requirements.
The realisation of the fact that your organisation supports their creativity, respects their views, is concerned about their professional as well as personal growth makes them more dedicated & loyal employees resulting lesser attrition and more job satisfaction.
Weekend getaway should be done once in a while to relax from a stressful work.